Jul 7, 2009

Rain Machine


Kyp Malone (TV On the Radio) is releasing a new album on Anti- in the coming months. His new musical venture is named Rain Machine. Malone explains. "I've been writing and recording songs alone since I moved to NYC in 2000, at first alone because I didn't know anyone, then through the years by choice because of a particular freedom that going it alone afforded. I've played regularly since then, at first under the name Black Lights until some kids in Texas told me they were already using that name. Then under my own name but I didn't like how "Kyp Malone" looked on mock ups of t-shirts and fliers, thus Rain Machine."

Produced by Ian Brennan, Malone gives a taste of the sound as "a nearly full spectrum of frequencies audible to the human ear - a reflection of a variety of emotions and situations real and imagined, some rhythm and some rhyme."

More info when it comes to hand...

1 Comments:

  • At July 10, 2009 , Blogger Osmond said...

    Greatly Looking forward to this.

    I got the chance to see Kyp Malone do some solo sets while in the US and his solo work was amazing.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home