Jul 6, 2008

New Mogwai Album Out In September

This is the cover art for the new Mogwai album due out on September 23 on Matador Records. "The Hawk Is Howling" is the name of the new release and hopefully it will live up to the band's previous stellar efforts. Although I missed the band on their last Australian tour, I had seen them twice before on previous tours and both were memorable experiences. This Glasgow band were one of the pioneers of the so called Post Rock sound and I am sure that they have lost none of their touch. By the sounds of the first released track, they sound in good form. It has a somewhat lighter touch then previous efforts, but I am really liking the sweet melody on display.

MP3: The Sun Smells Too Loud-Mogwai

The Hawk Is Howling Track List
1 I'm Jim Morrison, I'm Dead
2 Batcat
3 Daphne and The Brain
4 Local Authority
5 The Sun Smells Too Loud
6 Kings Meadow
7 I Love you, I'm Going To Blow Up Your School
8 Scotland's Shame
9 Thank You Space Expert
10 The Precipice

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home