Mar 16, 2008

SXSW Extravaganza

One day, one day, I will make it to SXSW. I have been to Austin, Texas once before and loved it, despite the heat. But one day I will be there in March seeing things like Destroyer play at The Parish at 1 AM in the morning. This photo will have to suffice as I couldn't find any video of him. But I was able to find a few videos that excited me. I know you enjoy them too!



The marvelous Bon Iver playing "The Wolves (Act I & II) at Emo's. I just love the crowd involvement. You must buy his debut album. It is great.



Phosphorescent performing "At Death, A Proclamation" at Emo's Annex.



Cloud Cult have a new album out in April. Are they prolific or what? This is "No One Said It Would Be Easy" from "Feel Good Ghosts", played outdoors.



Langhorne Slim. 'nuff said. Man's a machine.



Okkervil River. Weren't they just here? Anyway, they are basically amazing. Seen here performing "For Real" at Yard Dog Gallery.



Don't you love audience participation like this? The exciting MGMT performing "Kids" from their new album "Oracular Spectacular".



She & Him. M. Ward and Zooey Deschanel. "Volume One" is a true delight. Here they perform "This Is Not A Test" in Austin. Love her voice.



I saw Born Ruffians in Canada lat year. Their shows are such fun and so is their music. This is "Barnacle Goose" from their brand new album "Red, Yellow and Blue", performed at Dirty Dog Bar. The new album is great, please buy it.



Speaking of new albums, The Black Keys have "Attack & Release" due out in April. This band is just awesome live. Here they perform "Girl Is On My Mind" at Emo's. How about a tour guys.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home