Mar 13, 2008

My Morning Jacket Live-Evil Urges



My Morning Jacket. Greatest live band on the planet? Well, they are certainly in the discussion. I was lucky enough to see them twice about four years ago and they were truly memorable experiences. They have been a bit quiet lately, but in June they return with their new album "Evil Urges". They are playing a few shows beforehand including one this week at SXSW. On March 10 they played in Houston, premiering 8 new songs. Here is the title track from the new album. Holy cow, Jim James I love you. Your voice is one of a kind.

Evil Urges is released on June 10. Track listing here-
1 Evil Urges
2 Touch Me I'm Going to Scream Part 1
3 Highly Suspicious
4 I'm Amazed
5 Thank You Too
6 Sec Walkin'
7 Two Halves
8 Librarian
9 Look at You
10 Aluminum Park
11 Remnants
12 Smokin From Shootin
13 Touch Me I'm Going to Scream Part 2
14 Good Intentions

2 Comments:

  • At March 14, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Great song, nice get on the clip. Can't wait for the new album.

     
  • At March 19, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Damn straight. What a cool tune. Cannot wait for that album to drop. Hopefully we get another Aus tour too, cause I have never had the pleasure of seeing them live (though I have listened to Okonokos about 850 times).

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home