Feb 4, 2008

The Mountain Goats Tour Australia

Best show of 2007? (That didn't involve messrs Krug and Boeckner). Yeah, it was The Mountain Goats. Hands. Down. Their January show at the Metro was a pure musical experience, one to treasure forever a day. Now, they return. Which will be hot on the heels of their new album "Heretic Pride", due on February 19. Have you heard it yet? It is a splendid and enriching experience indeed. This tour will cover a fair bit of ground. Lucky us. Who will join me in the front row and shout "I am going to make it through this year if it kills me"?

Tour Dates (Tickets on sale February 15)
April 5-The Rosemount, Perth
April 6-Fowlers, Adelaide
April 8-Billboard, Melbourne
April 9-The Republic Bar, Hobart
April 11-The Cambridge, Newcastle
April 12-Manning Bar, Sydney
April 15-The Zoo, Brisbane
April 17-Lake Kawana Community Centre, Sunshine Coast

3 Comments:

  • At February 04, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    ME! :)

     
  • At February 05, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    hoping to do brisbane, newcastle and melbourne as well as sydney.

     
  • At February 05, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Pick Helen up from floor.
    I have been waiting for this announcement for weeks.

    I am shocked that I read this here before I read it on the site.

    The 'Goats album is already one of my top three albums for 2008, it has been oh since Jan 2 :) The other two are The Breeders and Mr Tom Woodward.

    Brisbane and Kawana are given. mmm I wonder if I can wing the 'Castle and Syndey shows as well. mmm fly into 'Castle and out Sydney mmm. looking at flights now.

    oh my heart.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home