Nov 12, 2007

Explosions in the Sky Tour Australia For First Time

As Dan Boeckner (a great man) once said, "It's getting better all the time". Yes, it's true, Explosions in the Sky are finally touring Australia. Of all the amazing music coming our way in early 2008 this is perhaps bigger then anything else. Why? Because this Austin band make their guitars cry. They can express more emotion without the presence of words then 90% of bands out their that take the vocal path. If you don't believe me listen to "The Only Moment We Were Alone" and try not to cry. Particularly at the 8.30 minute mark when the guitars cascade like a waterfall. Pure magic. So before they play the Perth Festival they are playing 3 shows in Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne. We in Sydney will see them at the Manning Bar, a venue I am not familiar with, so I hope it is appropriate. Be still, my beating heart.

Tour Dates
14 February 2008, Thursday, Brisbane, The Zoo
15 February 2008, Friday, Sydney, Manning Bar
16 February 2008, Saturday, Melbourne, Corner Hotel
Tickets on sale November 23

A reminder of their greatness-
MP3: Welcome, Ghosts
MP3: Memorial

5 Comments:

  • At November 13, 2007 , Blogger museum of fire said...

    Dammit -the same night as the PJ Harvey show that I've already bought tickets for ;-(

    I guess with this much coming our way, a clash had to come at some stage...

     
  • At November 14, 2007 , Blogger Rachel said...

    God what I wouldn't give to see this show...I hope they freaking come back to LA and the city LA not this desert shit like they did last time. :) I am so jealous.

     
  • At November 14, 2007 , Blogger Wayne Massingham said...

    Ben-PJ Harvey is great and all, but I would sell my tickets if I was you.

    Rachel-I am SO excited to see this band.

     
  • At November 17, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I've got a great idea, you should see them three times + them at Perth Festival!

    do it!
    =)

     
  • At November 23, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    They were awesome at Coachella... I cannot wait to see / hear them sonic boom the shrine (aka The Zoo)...

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home