Jul 24, 2007

Silversun Pickups Sideshow

Well this is exciting news. As you might have known, Los Angeles quartet Silversun Pickups are supporting Snow Patrol on their Australian tour in September. Not being a Snow Patrol fan, nor a stadium rock show fan, I was hoping for a SSPU sideshow. The good news is, it's now happening. They are playing the Annandale Hotel on September 15. Also apparently they have a Melbourne show planned but I don't have any details of that yet.
Tickets go on sale July 26 and more information can be found here.
MP3: Well Thought Out Twinkles
MP3: Lazy Eye

Have you heard the new Sunset Rubdown song?
It is quite fantastic, is it not? "Up On Your Leopard, Upon The End Of Your Feral Days" is currently streaming at Pitchfork.
Speaking of Mr Krug's supremely talented group they are playing Pop Montreal, October 3-7.
Here are some of the artists just announced to play (quite nice I think)-

Ted Leo and the Pharmacists
The National
Sunset Rubdown
Magnolia Electric Co.
Fujiya & Miyagi
Black Mountain
Final Fantasy
Caribou
Patti Smith
Half Japanese
Pere Ubu
Oakley Hall
Megasoid
A-Trak
Kid Sister
The Cool Kids
Qui
MSTRKRFT
Chromeo
Ron Sexsmith
Born Ruffians
Chad VanGaalen
Earlimart
The Watson Twins
Tiga
Cody ChesnuTT

7 Comments:

  • At July 25, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Yeah I couldn't give a crap about Snow Patrol but I've just got into Silversun Pickups and absolutely loving the album. At first, I swore it was a female lead singer.

    Glad to hear they're playing a Melbourne sideshow. I'll definitely be there but I'd love to know where!

     
  • At July 25, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I'm with you RE: the female singer James - it was only the film clip for Lazy Eye that set me straight.

     
  • At July 25, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Snow Patrol should be opening for Silversun Pickups. Period.

     
  • At July 25, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Melbourne show:

    http://www.frontiertouring.com.au/currenttours/Silversun_Pickups__Sydney_amp;_Melbourne_2007#showtimes

    There ya go! :)

     
  • At July 25, 2007 , Blogger Wayne Massingham said...

    Karen-Lazy Eye cleared a few things up for me too.

    Christopher-You are 100% correct. Hopefully those Grey's Anatomy fans will get a bit of a shock.

    James-Ding Dong Lounge? Is that good? Have not been there.

     
  • At July 25, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    It's a pretty small venue, not the greatest lighting set-up but the sound can be good so it will sell out pretty fast I'd imagine.

     
  • At July 27, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I hate being under 18, otherwise I'd go!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home