Mar 24, 2007

Spencer Krug is a Genius; A Timely Update

sunYou might have gathered by now that I believe Spencer Krug to have quite a deal of talent. His work with Wolf Parade and Sunset Rubdown and Swan Lake has been quite breathtaking to say the least. Word is that Wolf Parade have been in the studio and hope to finish recording in May for a release sometime later this year (hopefully). Spencer is soon touring Sunset Rubdown with Xiu Xiu and I just found out that Spencer has contributed a song to "Xiu Xiu Remixed and Covered", due out in April. Now I can't say that I have ever been a big fan of Xiu Xiu, I find their music quite a difficult listening journey, however Sunset Rubdown's cover of "Apistat Commander" is quite stunning. The man can do no wrong.

As an added bonus I have some live tracks recorded for Daytrotter last year. You might have heard these before, but his version of "Shut Up I Am Dreaming" is breathtaking and the unreleased song "Winged/Wicked Things" is probably better then 95% of music released in the world last year.
MP3: Apistat Commander (Xiu Xiu cover)
MP3: Shut Up I Am Dreaming of Places Where Lovers Have Wings (live at Daytrotter)
MP3: Winged/Wicked Things (Daytrotter session/unreleased)
MP3: Stadiums and Shrines II (just a reminder of the greatness)

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home